Monday, March 2, 2009

Recession, Depression, Tomato, Tomato


I'm over it already! If I keep hearing the word "Recession" I'm gonna scream. Yes it's here but the reality is for me as an entrepreneur and struggling fashion designer I couldn't afford a Prada, Gucci or Dolce & Gabanna handbag or shoes for that matter before the recession. These day's I opt for shopping alternative retail outlets. Etsy.com has amazing independent designers like me who have gain notoriety in the world of craftsmanship and independent design. My favorite is shopping events, I've exhibited at a few, and shopped a few, Shecky's Girl's Night Out is one that I favor. It takes place in Los Angeles. Offering over 350 designers, boutique owners, jewelry, apparel, accessories, and an eclectic mix of unique gift items. Anyway I refuse to let not being able to buy extremely expensive handbags or shoes, or dresses to make me depressed because of the recession, who cares like I said I couldn't afford the stuff anyway, but trust and believe I've managed to be a fabulous frugal fashionita before the "R" word and definitely after. Happy shopping fellow fashion mavens.

No comments:

Post a Comment